Information for agencies and service providers
We provide a range of general information and guidelines to assist agencies and service providers. Except where indicated, all our publications are free and can be downloaded from this website.
- Tips for accessible complaint handling
- The Ombudsman's role in community services
- The Ombudsman and the NDIS
- Handling complaints about community services
- Licensed boarding houses
- Preventing deaths of people with disabilities in care: Information for staff of disability services
- Preventing deaths of people with disabilities in care: Information for General Practitioners
- Preventing deaths of people with disabilities in care: Breathing, swallowing and choking risks
- Preventing deaths of people with disabilities in care: Smoking, obesity and other lifestyle risks
- Know your rights as a consumer of community services
- A voice for people in care
- Complaint handling kit for community services
- The rights stuff tips for solving problems and making complaints
- Joint Protocol to reduce the contact of young people in residential OOHC with the criminal justice system
Other Ombudsman publications can be found on our publications page.
We run the following training courses specifically for the community and disability sectors.
- Frontline complaint handling – community and disability services
- Effective complaint management systems – community services
- Handling serious incidents in the disability sector
- Effective complaint management systems – disability sector
- The rights stuff - tips for solving problems and making complaints
Details of other Ombudsman courses, including our training calendar and online registration form are on our training page.
Updates on our work
We also provide regular updates of our work on our news page.