Get help making a complaint

We're here to help anyone who has a complaint about a NSW government agency or community service provider. We want everyone to be treated fairly.

If you need help to make a complaint, you can talk to us. Our staff will listen to you. We can give you advice about your complaint or problem and what you need to do next. For example, we can help you identify who your complaint is about and how to make a complaint.

If it’s easier, you can ask someone else to contact us for you. This could be a relative, friend, solicitor, case worker, your local member of parliament or anyone else. We may need to know that you agree to their help. If you contact us via your local MP, we will need you to complete this consent form for your MP to return to us with a copy of your complaint.

For a step-by-step guide to making a complaint, see How to make a complaint.

If you work for the government and your complaint is about serious wrongdoing in your workplace, see Making a public interest disclosure (whistleblowing).

Support for people with disability

If you're deaf, have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, you can contact us through the National Relay Service. See Contact us. We also have Easy Read information available.

Interpreter services and information in other languages

You can use the Telephone Interpreter Service to contact us. For more information see Contact us.

We have information about our services available in over 50 community languages.

Call us

We will listen to you, give you advice and let you know what we can do to help.

Call us on 1800 451 524. For other ways to contact us and our opening hours, see Contact us.