Training & Events
We are the experts in complaint handling for the public and community sectors. We are also renowned for our training in areas of access and equity, and investigations.
We design our training to help you:
- make the best use of limited resources
- improve service delivery
- develop a better understanding of your legislative obligations.
Complaint handling workshops
Complaint handling is central to our role as an ombudsman. Our workshops are informed by evidence and delivered by experts. They will enable you and your team to deliver better customer service to diverse communities.
Managing unreasonable conduct by a complainant
Public interest disclosures workshops
We offer public interest disclosures workshops which provide an overview of an organisation’s obligations under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994. Training is primarily targeted at people with PID Assessment and handling responsibilities, including nominated disclosure officers, disclosure coordinators and managers.
Our investigation and administrative law workshops explore the essential processes and obligations for conducting investigations in the workplace.
Investigating misconduct in the public sector
Access and equity workshops
Our access and equity workshops help agencies and organisations be more accessible and responsive to specific needs of clients and customers. This includes young people and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Supporting young people to make complaints and advocate for systems change
Our workshops are delivered by a passionate team of expert facilitators. Our facilitators have many years of experience in the public and community sectors. They focus on building knowledge and skills with practical tools and real-world examples.
The curriculum reflects best-practice, emerging evidence and evolving legislative requirements. We offer most workshops online or in-person.
You can book a workshop as an individual or small team. You'll learn with participants from a range of organisations.
We also offer in-house workshops for teams from a single organisation. We can customise in-house workshops to meet specific learning needs.
Our clients are happy. Of those surveyed in 2020-21:
- 98% rated our facilitators as excellent or good
- 97% rated the content as excellent or good
- 96% would recommend our training to others
Need to book training for your team?
We offer workshops in-house for teams and departments. We assess your learning needs and help you identify the workshop, delivery option and facilitator that can help you achieve them.
- Customise your course content - we work with you to understand your organisation's needs and tailor our workshop to meet your learning goals.
- Choose from flexible delivery options - we can deliver the workshop in-person (at your workplace or our office) or online.
- Find the right facilitator - once we know your training goals, we will match you with an expert facilitator.
- Get value for money - great value for groups of 12 or more. Get discounted rates when you book more then one workshop.
Contact our Community Education and Training Unit or call (02) 9286 0900.