Our Strategic Priorities are encapsulated in the NSW Ombudsman Strategic Plan: 2020-2025.
This document sets out our path for the next five years. It aims to put us in the best possible position to achieve our purpose and long-term mission. It will enable us to make our vision of the state of NSW a reality.
- Everyone receives the right services and fair treatment from those we oversight.
Our vision expresses what we ultimately want to see in the world.
- To be a leader in complaint-handling, investigations, reviews, and public and community sector monitoring and assessment. We will be trusted by the public and by all of our stakeholders to hold the agencies we oversight to account and to make evidence-based recommendations that result in positive change.
Our mission is who we – the NSW Ombudsman’s Office – aspire to be.
- To protect citizens from abuse of power and unfair treatment
- To foster enduring system-wide change that will prevent future failings and improve public administration and service delivery
- To provide a trusted source of independent advice to the Parliament
Our purpose is defined by the parliamentary Acts which create the organisation and give us powers and responsibilities. It is detailed in the Strategic Plan.
Our Strategic Outcomes for 2020-2025 are those results we particularly need to focus on attaining throughout the course of the next five years if we are to achieve our Purpose, and strive toward our Mission.
They are grouped around five themes, each with its own outcomes
Services and Impact
Engagement and Relationships
Leadership and Governance
People and Culture
Systems and Processes