12th National Investigations Symposium
The National Investigations Symposium (NIS) is a joint initiative by the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption, NSW Ombudsman, and Institute of Public Administration Australia NSW. This biennial symposium aims to enhance investigative and complaint-handling knowledge and skills across the public and private sectors, the non-government sector, and the wider community.
Who should attend?
The NIS attracts around 400 Australian and international delegates from a wide array of professional backgrounds, including:
- internal auditors
- governance managers
- legal practitioners
- public sector executives
- corruption prevention specialists
- local government executives
- behavioural specialists
- senior police officers
Hear from over 40 renowned speakers – including experienced investigators, legal practitioners, government representatives, academics and innovators – at the cutting edge of their fields.
- Learn about new and emerging technologies and how they’re reshaping investigative practice.
- Work through case studies and hear personal stories from experts as they reflect on lessons learned from challenging investigations.
- Further refine your investigative and complaint-handling knowledge.
- Explore best practice techniques when conducting investigations involving vulnerable people.
- Reflect on Australia’s Royal Commissions during a panel session with former and current commissioners.
- Learn about new ways to protect whistle blowers from national and international experts.
- Network at the opening drinks, dinner, and in between sessions.
What does registration include?
By registering for the NIS you will have:
- Access to the 2018 program on both 14 and 15 November
- Morning and afternoon teas, and lunch for both days
- Attendance at the opening drinks and dinner on 14 November
- Attendance at the closing drinks on 15 November
- Additional fees apply if you register for pre-symposium workshops
Date: 14 - 15 November 2018
Time: 9:00 - 5:00 PM each day
Registrations open from 8:00 AM (welcome tea and coffee provided)
Venue: Four Seasons Sydney, 199 George St, Sydney CBD
Cost: Tickets $799 (one day), $1,199.00 (Early Bird price for two days)
Please note: Early Bird pricing applies to two day tickets only.