Managing unreasonable complainant conduct
Unreasonable conduct by complainants can take up an inordinate amount of an agency’s time and resources. Based on strategies developed as part of a joint project by the nine Australasian Parliamentary Ombudsman offices, this one-day workshop provides staff with specific strategies and skills to effectively and confidently manage with unreasonable complainant conduct (UCC).
Who should attend
Staff who come into contact with, or respond to, complainants or customers that display unreasonable conduct. This workshop is also recommended for supervisors and senior management responsible for setting complaint handling policy.
By completing this workshop, participants will:
- become familiar with the underlying principles for the management of UCC
- develop a range of strategies for managing UCC
- apply a range of effective verbal communication skills to help manage UCC.
In the workshop we examine:
- your examples of UCC
- managing expectations
- strategies for managing UCC
- key messages for complainants/clients/staff
- ways to support staff in implementing UCC strategies
- staff health and safety considerations.
This is a one-day workshop, running 9.30am-4.30pm.
$351.82 + GST (total cost $387)