NSW Child Death Review Team Annual Report 2022-23 tabled
30 Oct 2023
The NSW Ombudsman and Convenor of the NSW Child Death Review Team (CDRT) Paul Miller tabled the NSW Child Death Review Team Annual Report 2022-23 in Parliament today.
This annual report, made under s34F of the Community Services (Complaints, Reviews and Monitoring) Act 1993 (the Act), describes the operations and activities of the CDRT during the period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023, including:
- the team’s functions and purpose
- current research projects aimed at preventing or reducing the likelihood of child deaths
- other activities, and information disclosures as prescribed in the Act
- responses by agencies to CDRT recommendations, and their progress towards implementation
- CDRT strategic priorities.
The CDRT is responsible for registering, classifying, analysing, and reporting to the NSW Parliament on data and trends relating to all deaths of children aged 0-17 years in NSW. Its purpose is to prevent or reduce the likelihood of deaths of children in NSW through the exercise of our functions under Part 5A of the Act.
Download the report from the NSW Ombudsman website.