Disability reportable incidents forms and guidelines
To assist FACS and funded providers in determining whether a notification must be made to the NSW Ombudsman of a disability reportable incident, read the Guide for services: Reportable incidents in disability supported group accommodation.
If you need to make a notification to the NSW Ombudsman about a disability reportable incident, complete the following form.
Form A must be completed as soon as practicable (but within 30 days) of the head of agency becoming aware of a reportable incident.
- A1 - Client to client
- A2 - Contravention of AVO
- A3 - Employee to client matters
- A4 - Serious unexplained injury
Form B must be completed once the agency has completed its investigation into the reportable incident and has finalised a risk management response.
- B1 - Client to client incident
- B2 - Contravention of AVO
- B3 - Employee to client incident
- B4 - Unexplained serious injury
Form C if we advised you that there would be ‘No Ongoing Ombudsman Oversight’ of the matter/s you notified to us, please complete the relevant form C below.
- C1-A - Final advice to ombudsman, NOOS, Contravention of an apprehended violence order (AVO), Outcome of the Investigation
- C1-B - Final advice to ombudsman, NOOS, Employee to client incident category, Outcome of the Investigation
- C1-C - Final advice to ombudsman, NOOS, Client to client incident category, Outcome of the Investigation
- C1-D - Final advice to ombudsman, NOOS, Unexplained incident category, Outcome of the Investigation
Disability reportable incidents guidelines and resource are available on our website. Learn more
For further information about the obligation to notify the NSW Ombudsman of reportable incidents contact our Disability Reportable Incidents Division or call our inquiry line on 02 9286 0907.