Got A Complaint?

If you are unhappy about the way you have been treated by a NSW government agency or employee or by a non-government service provider or their employee, you can complain to us.

You might make a complaint if you are unhappy about the way you have been treated by the agency or an employee in the agency or you have concerns about the standard of the service being provided.

Who can I make a complaint about?

The Ombudsman deals with complaints about:

  • community services and funded services
  • ADHC and funded services
  • juvenile justice and correctional centres
  • schools, TAFE and universities
  • Housing NSW and the Aboriginal Housing Office
  • Aboriginal Land Councils- local and state
  • Registrar Aboriginal Land Rights Act
  • local Council and Shires
  • out of home care services
  • disability services
  • government authorities such as Sydney Buses, Railcorp and Roads and Traffic Authority(RTA)
    State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO)

What can I complain about?

  • unfair treatment
  • lack of access to a service
  • failure to provide a service

It is your right to make a complaint to the Ombudsman. You can:

  • make a complaint yourself
  • ask someone to help you make a complaint
  • ask someone – a friend, community worker, relative – to make a complaint on your behalf
  • help someone else make a complaint

How do I make a complaint?

Call us free on 1800 451 524 (outside metro area)

Fax complaint to 02 9283 2911

Write to us at NSW Ombudsman, Level 24, 580 George Street, NSW 2000

Fill out our online complaint form

Or if you want further information on making a complaint Tips for making a complaint