Public interest disclosures training
Our public interest disclosures (PID) training provides an overview of the responsibilities of public authorities under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994 and the roles and responsibilities of those involved in disclosures.
It is important that people in the public sector are aware of the why, what, how and who of making and managing disclosures. The NSW Ombudsman offers the following free training on public interest disclosures:
- Public interest disclosures general awareness information sessions
- Public interest disclosures management training
Our training sessions help public authorities to:
- promote awareness of the importance of public interest disclosures
- establish a positive reporting environment
- comply with the requirements of the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994
- manage public interest disclosures effectively.
Visit our public interest disclosures page for information about guidelines and resources available for public authorities.
- Investigating misconduct in the public sector
- Unreasonable Complainant Conduct
- Complaint handling training
We currently offer the following workshops:
This overview session provides staff with information about the why, what, how and who of public interest disclosures (PID), explaining the process of making a PID and discussing specific aspects of an agency’s internal reporting policy.Learn more
This workshop provides an overview of the obligations of NSW public authorities under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994. It covers the why, what, how and who of public interest disclosures as well as the responsibilities of the nominated officers and agency executives. The workshop discusses strategies for managing parties involved in the disclosures and outlines the role of the NSW Ombudsman.Learn more