Interested in organising training in your organisation or area? We can come to you!
All our workshops are available in-house, as well as on our training calendar.
Our in-house customised training is a flexible and cost effective way of delivering training solutions to your organisation, agency, group or region.
In-house training has the advantage of providing a tailored and convenient method of delivery. Participants are given the opportunity to workshop challenges unique to their own organisation – helping to promote organisational consistency in handling complaints, responding to child protection allegations, managing public interest disclosures etc.
Our in-house workshops include:
- an integrated program offering flexible learning and development strategies across all levels of your organisation
- a flexible range of content options
- increased relevance and applicability to your sector, region or group.
We come to your venue and provide:
- trainers who are also experienced practitioners
- tailored learning resources
- attendance certificates.
Training can be delivered across NSW and Australia. We also deliver training internationally.
For large numbers of staff, in-house training is more cost effective than sending staff to the workshops on our training calendar. Training is generally available for groups of 12 to 30. You can even team up with other services and share the cost.
Reduced rates and hardship requests are available for non-government/not-for-profit organisations.
Train the trainer programs and license agreements are also available.
Please contact our Community Education and Training Unit to discuss details and fees and how we can best meet your specific training needs.
What agencies say about our in-house training
Our training consistently returns excellent participant satisfaction rates. People who attend our training workshops say they leave with ideas and tools that they can immediately apply to their own situations, and highlight the practical expertise and insight of our trainers as being invaluable.
- “From my feedback your training was excellent and I am hopeful of rolling it out to other staff in our Division. A quality training session is hard to find, and yours is one.”
- “On the day and informally, the workshop was voted by managers to be the best workshop they have ever attended! On behalf of our managers, thank you for providing us with such a fabulous learning opportunity and experience.”
- “I was very impressed with the presenter and the content – really great workshop and extremely well presented. Thank you.”
- “The sessions were fantastic yesterday, everyone thought they were great and it has been an absolute pleasure to organise it with you.”
- “I would like to take this opportunity to advise you of our deep satisfaction with the training we did on Managing Unreasonable Complainant Conduct, and with your presenter. I have received much unsolicited feedback about the training content and the presenter’s delivery. It really hit the mark and has given the team much to consider and take forward.”
- “The workshop was exceptionally good, I really can’t praise it enough, everyone that attended agreed how relevant and beneficial it was.”
- “The most knowledgeable and engaging presenter I’ve dealt with in many years; passionate, articulate and practical.”
- “Extremely knowledgeable and experienced trainer using relevant examples and anecdotes and referring to relevant legislation.”
- “Trainer is an absolute wealth of knowledge. All content very well communicated and delivered. Content would be relevant to both NGOs and public sector.”
- “The best training I have been to, trainer made it very interesting. Makes a difference when trainers know their subject.”
- “Great workshop – the real case experience was very valuable.”
Who we train
In the past 5 years alone we have delivered over 1,500 workshops to more than 25,000 people across Australia and internationally. We regularly deliver in-house training to and on behalf of:
- government agencies at the local, state and commonwealth level
- oversight bodies
- non-government agencies, including community and disability service providers
- peak body organisations
- private companies and other private industry bodies.
Our point of difference
Our affordable and high quality training workshops focus on providing clear guidance and practical strategies to improve the skills and knowledge of participants.
Practical workshops – high satisfaction rates
Our workshops are highly interactive and trainers use a range of methods to ensure our sessions are interesting, relevant and informative. Training is supplemented with written materials and, where relevant, participants are given practical skills to help them apply lessons in practice.
During 2016-17 , 84% of participants completed evaluations of our training. Of these,
- 98% rated our training overall as excellent/good.
- 98% rated our trainers as excellent/good.
- 97% rated the content covered in the training as excellent/good.
- 97% strongly agreed they could implement what they had learnt at training in their workplace.
- 96% would recommend our training to others.
Expertise – quality training packages
We run the largest education and training program of any Australian Parliamentary Ombudsman and lead the way in developing tailored, responsive training packages for both government and non-government sectors. Our training program is based on over 40 years of expertise as an oversight body. Our workshops impart important messages about the standards consumers should expect from service providers and provide practical tips for effectively dealing with agencies and resolving problems.
All our training programs are continually updated with new case studies to address common issues that we see in our complaint handling and oversight work and are designed to promote current best practice. We also continually review and update our training course materials to reflect changes in policy and legislation.
Delivered by experts
Our workshops are delivered by senior Ombudsman staff and trainers with extensive experience in both the government and non-government sectors. Participants attending our training particularly highlight the knowledge and practical expertise of our trainers as invaluable.
Cost effective and flexible pricing structures
We provide quality, cost effective face-to-face training that provides excellent value per person.
We are flexible about delivery – we offer training to large and small groups at any location, and can adapt the length of sessions etc.
Tailored to suit your needs
All our training packages and resources can be tailored to reflect your training needs, whether that be a focus on a particular topic or the inclusion of specific case studies, content etc.