Interested in organising training in your organisation or area? We can come to you!
All our workshops are also available in-house, as well as on our calendar of training.
Our in-house customised training is a flexible and cost effective way of delivering training solutions to your organisation, agency, group or region.
In-house training has the advantage of providing a tailored and convenient method of delivery. Participants are given the opportunity to workshop challenges unique to their own organisation, helping to promote organisational consistency in handling complaints, responding to child protection allegations, managing public interest disclosures etc.
Our in-house workshops include:
- an integrated program offering flexible learning and development strategies across all levels of your organisation
- a flexible range of content options, and
- increased relevance and applicability to your sector, region or group.
We come to your venue and provide:
- Trainers who are also experienced practitioners
- Tailored learning resources
- Attendance certificates
Training can be delivered across NSW and Australia. We have also delivered training internationally.
For large numbers of staff, in-house training is more cost effective than sending staff to our calendar training workshops. Training is generally available for groups of 12 to 30. You could even team up with other services and share the cost.
Reduced rates and hardship requests are available for non-government/not-for-profit organisations.
Train the trainer programs and license agreements are also available.
Contact our Community Education and Training Unit to discuss details, fees and how we can best meet your training needs.
What agencies have said about our in-house training
- 'From my feedback your training was excellent and I am hopeful of rolling it out to other staff in our Division. A quality training session is hard to find, and yours is one.'
- 'On the day and ‘informally’, the workshop was voted by managers to be the best workshop they have ever attended! On behalf of our managers, thank you for providing us with such a fabulous learning opportunity and experience.'
- 'I was very impressed with the presenter and the content – really great workshop and extremely well presented. Thank you.'
- 'The sessions were fantastic yesterday, everyone thought they were great and it has been an absolute pleasure to organise it with you.'
- 'I would like to take this opportunity to advise you of our deep satisfaction with the training we did on Managing Unreasonable Complainant Conduct, and with your presenter. I have received much unsolicited feedback about the training content and the presenter’s delivery. It really hit the mark and has given the team much to consider and take forward.'
- 'The workshop was exceptionally good, I really can’t praise it enough, everyone that attended agreed how relevant and beneficial it was.'
Who we train
In the past 5 years alone we have delivered over 600 workshops to over 12,000 people. We regularly deliver in-house training to and on behalf of:
- government agencies at the local, state and commonwealth level
- oversight bodies
- non-government agencies (including community and disability service providers)
- peak body organisations
- private companies and other private industry bodies.
Our point of difference
Our affordable, high quality training workshops focus on providing clear guidance and practical strategies to improve the skills and knowledge of participants.
Our workshops are delivered by Ombudsman staff and trainers with extensive experience in the relevant field: handling and investigating complaints and allegations against employees; managing public interest disclosures; conducting investigations; and in improving the accessibility and equity of services.