Responding to child protection allegations against employees
This workshop provides an overview of the obligations of employers under the Ombudsman Act. It covers how employers should respond to child protection allegations made against their employees as well as the steps in the investigation process, risk assessment and management.
Who should attend
Heads of agencies, investigators, managers or supervisors who are responsible for responding to and/or investigating reportable allegations or convictions against employees.
Staff involved in developing child protection policies, training and education.
This training will help you to understand:
- the roles and responsibilities of key agencies in child protection
- the key principles for responding to an allegation
- the steps in the investigation process
- risk assessment and risk management strategies
- good documentation and record keeping practices
- the development of findings based on available evidence
- appropriate responses to investigation findings
- ways to strengthen an agency’s child protection culture.
This is a one-day workshop from 9.30am-4.30pm.
$390.00 + GST (total cost $429)
There are currently no events for this workshop.