Fundamentals of complaint handling
This course will equip you with the skills and confidence to respond effectively to customer complaints. Course content covers the basics of complaint handling, including the value of complaints, best practice approaches to complaint handling, and effective communication techniques for engaging with complainants.
Who should attend?
This course is for frontline staff who deal with complaints, either in person or on the phone. It is suitable for staff in the public, community and private sectors.
As a learner in this course, you will:
- explore the value and ROI of complaints for your organisation
- gain an understanding of why people complain
- examine different types of complaints and complainant behaviours
- learn to identify, record and manage a range of complaints
- learn to apply workplace complaint-handling policies
- learn to manage your physical and emotional wellbeing in the face of complaints
This course uses a blended-learning structure, comprising two components, with an optional module:
- online learning (pre-workshop): a self-directed, online learning module will equip you with the theoretical foundations of effective complaint handling. Following this module, you will complete some pre-workshop self-reflection tasks. You are also encouraged to engage in online discussion with your facilitator and peers.
- facilitator-led workshop: the workshop will bring your learning to life through case studies and other real-world examples that relate to your professional experience.
In addition to attending the half-day workshop, you will also gain access to the NSW Ombudsman’s Learnbook online learning platform and its range of resources.
- online discussion forums with trainers and other participants
- online learning modules to prepare for your in-person workshop learning
- supplementary resources, including a detailed manual and other handouts
Duration: This course is comprised of roughly 6 hours of study, including 2 hour of online learning and a half-day workshop (4 hours).
Cost: $499 +GST
Community service providers and NFP organisations are eligible for a 20% discount on the full fee, this is equal to ($399+GST).
All of our workshops can be booked as in-house workshops or open workshops. Open workshops can be booked via the links below.
Contact us to discuss your in-house learning needs.