The rights stuff - tips for solving problems and making complaints
This workshop is specifically designed for consumers of community services, their families, carers and advocates. It includes practical information and tips to build confidence in raising issues and resolving complaints with service providers.
The workshop covers:
- information on the community services system
- the rights of people that use community services
- tips for dealing more effectively with service providers
- how to raise concerns and complaints and contribute to effective resolution
- the role of the NSW Ombudsman’s office and the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- information and systems advocacy
- where to find support and assistance.
Who should attend
People who use services such as disability services, family support, home help, respite, youth services, out-of-home care and accommodation. Family members, unpaid carers, advocates and guardians are welcome too.
This training is not for service provider staff – see our complaint handling workshops for people working in the community services sector.
This workshop runs for 3 hours, but can be tailored according to the needs of your group.