Aboriginal cultural appreciation workshop
Learn culturally appropriate communication to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples more effectively in your day-to-day work.
Who should attend
Teams from public, community or private sector organisations.
The aim of the workshop is to better equip organisations and staff to provide a culturally responsive, flexible and consistent service to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and promote a positive workplace culture.
This workshop includes:
- an overview of Aboriginal history and culture
- culturally appropriate communication protocols and strategies
- personal stories from the facilitators about the diversity of Aboriginal culture.
Our Aboriginal Engagement team deliver the workshop. They tailor the scenarios to your workplace. Find out about the work that the team do with Aboriginal communities.
Participants get a manual that includes a list of useful contacts and resources.
In-house facilitator-led workshop
This workshop will help you to:
- develop strategies to engage and communicate effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- understand current issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and how these issues are linked to past and present government practices and policies
- identify issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- find ways to offer a more effective service to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Contact us to discuss your training needs and to arrange a quote.
Book this workshop for your team
We offer this workshop in-house (online or in-person). We can also tailor it to meet your organisation's specific learning needs.
Contact our Community Education and Training Unit or call (02) 9286 0900.
Related training and events
Practical tools and skills for frontline workers to better support children and young people making complaints.
If you need help choosing training that best meets your needs, contact our Community Education and Training Unit or (02) 9286 0900.