Disability reportable incidents
On 1 July 2018, the Commonwealth NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission commenced operating. NDIS registered providers are required to notify the NDIS Commission of the incidents (including allegations) affecting NDIS participants in connection with the provision of NDIS supports and services. For more information please contact the NDIS Commission directly. The NSW Ombudsman has continued to oversight disability reportable incidents that involve people with a disability living in supported group accommodation operated by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice, the resources below remain relevant to disability reportable incidents occurring within those services.
- Responding to alleged abuse and neglect in disability services – flowchart
- A quick guide - Early response to abuse and neglect in disability services
- Resource guide for disability services - Initial and early response to abuse or neglect in disability services
- Team Meeting - Early response to abuse or neglect in disability services - Sessions 1 and 2
- Guide for services: NSW Ombudsman Disability Reportable Incidents Scheme