On 1 July 2018, the Commonwealth NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission commenced operating. NDIS registered providers are required to notify the NDIS Commission of the incidents (including allegations) affecting NDIS participants in connection with the provision of NDIS supports and services. For more information please contact the NDIS Commission directly. The NSW Ombudsman has continued to oversight disability reportable incidents that involve people with a disability living in supported group accommodation operated by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice, the resources below remain relevant to disability reportable incidents occurring within those services.
- Disability reportable incidents - Making a finding in Disability Reportable Incident investigations
- Disability reportable incidents - Providing advice about reportable incident investigation
- Disability reportable incidents - Identifying and responding to an unexplained serious injury
- Disability reportable incidents - Risk management following an allegation against an employee
- Defining assault for the purposes of the disability reportable incidents scheme
- Disability reportable incidents - How we assess an investigation - client to client incidents
- Disability reportable incidents - How we assess an investigation - employee to client incidents