Public Interest Disclosures steering committee
The committee was formed under amendments to the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994 (PID Act).
- advises the Premier on how well the Act is operating and recommends changes
- advises the Premier on reports from the Ombudsman about the Ombudsman’s functions under the Act.
- reviews any laws the Australian Government introduces in response to the 2009 report, Whistleblower protection: A comprehensive scheme for the Commonwealth public sector.
- helps the Parliamentary Committee on the Independent Commission Against Corruption in its review of the Act.
The terms of reference set out the Committee's responsibilities and the meeting schedule.
The Ombudsman chairs the committee. Other members are the:
- The Ombudsman, the Chair of the Committee
- The Director General of the Department of Premier and Cabinet
- The Auditor General
- The Commissioner for the Independent Commission Against Corruption
- The Commissioner for the Police Integrity Commission
- The Chief Executive of the Division of Local Government, Department of Premier and Cabinet
- The Police Commissioner, and
- The Information Commissioner
- Public Service Commissioner
For more information
To learn more, please contact our PID Unit on 02 9286 1000 or email@example.com.