Public interest disclosures training
Our public interest disclosures (PID) training provides an overview of the public authority’s responsibilities under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994
and the roles and responsibilities of parties involved in disclosures.
We can tailor training content to meet your agency’s training needs.
It is important that people in the public sector are aware of the what, why, who and how of making and managing disclosures. The NSW Ombudsman offers the following free training on public interest disclosures:
- Public interest disclosures general awareness information sessions
- Public interest disclosures management training
- Public interest disclosures e-learning
Our training sessions help public authorities to:
- promote awareness of the importance of public interest disclosures
- promote a positive reporting environment
- reach compliance with the requirements of the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994
- manage public interest disclosures effectively.
Visit our public interest disclosures page for information about guidelines and resources available for public authorities.
We currently offer the following workshops:
This overview session provides staff with information of the why, what, how and who of public interest disclosures (PID), explaining the process of making a PID and discussing the specific aspects of an agency’s internal reporting policy.Learn more
This workshop provides an overview of your agency’s obligations under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994. It covers the why, what, how and who of public interest disclosures as well as the responsibilities of the nominated officers and agency executives. The workshop also discusses strategies for managing parties involved in the disclosure. It also outlines the role of the NSW Ombudsman.Learn more