Unhappy with our decision

We are committed to improving our service to the public and we welcome your views, even if they are critical. We pay close attention to all suggestions and complaints we receive about our service.

If you are unhappy with our decision, you can ask for your case to be reviewed. For us to conduct a review, you need to tell us how we have erred in reaching our decision, or provide us with new and important information that is relevant to the decision we have made. If we agree to review our decision, your request will be assigned to a staff member who was not involved in handling your complaint. We will only review a decision once.

A review is not a reinvestigation of a complaint. We are looking at whether the processes our staff followed were fair and adequate, and whether the conclusions reached were reasonable on the information available to us and properly explained.

If you are not satisfied with any of the procedures used by the Ombudsman, you can write to the Committee on the Office of the Ombudsman, the Police Integrity Commission and the Crime Commission. This committee monitors and reviews the Ombudsman's functions. However the committee cannot review our decisions about individual complaints.

Address your letter to:

Clerk to the Committee
Committee on the Ombudsman, the Police Integrity Commission and the Crime Commission
Parliament House
Macquarie Street

Search publications

I am looking for:

In the publication category: